Calvin Coolidge Presidential Foundation
The Calvin Coolidge Presidential Foundation is based in Plymouth Notch, Vermont. the official foundation dedicated to preserving and advancing America’s 31st president’s legacy and values. In the absence of an official presidential library, John Coolidge, the president’s son, and a group of fellow Coolidge enthusiasts founded the Coolidge Foundation in 1960. The Foundation’s Articles of Association state that it exists “to perpetuate the memory of Calvin Coolidge.” A decade ago, the board of directors Foundation approved a strategic plan that called for the Foundation’s work to be expanded nationally. The Foundation has expanded its programming across the country in recent years in an effort to increase Americans’ understanding of Coolidge and the values he promoted throughout his life.
The Coolidge Scholarship is a prestigious award given to American high school juniors who have Performed well in academics, leadership, and civic involvement. It is an annual scholarship program That covers the applicant’s tuition, room and board, and other costs for four years of undergraduate study. Applicants are chosen based on their SAT or ACT scores, academic transcripts, and extracurricular activities. Any eligible Students from any background and studying in any academic discipline may apply to this non-partisan, need-blind program.
You can get more information about such scholarship opportunities, College, and educational programs on our website https: //marcoislandfoundation.org/ .
Key Information of The Coolidge Scholarship
The Coolidge Scholarship is annually awarded, the Full Ride, Presidential Scholarship. This Scholarship Covers Student’s Tuition Fees, Room Charges, Board, and Other Expenses for Four Years of undergraduate education. Coolidge Scholarship can be used at any accredited college or University in the United States. In the below section, we have provided All key Information About the Scholarship.
- Coverage: The Coolidge Scholarship Covers Full tuition, Room, Board, and Other Required Expenses for the total Duration of the Study.
- Additional Supports: Recipients also receive an annual stipend for books and supplies.
- Generosity: It is considered one of the most generous college scholarships available globally.
The Coolidge Scholarship is a prestigious award given to outstanding high school juniors in the United States. The following are the main requirements for applying.
- Applicants must be current high school juniors during the academic year of application.
- They must be citizens of the United States of America or legal permanent residents.
- Students who plan to enroll full-time as undergraduates for the first time in autumn 2025 at an accredited U.S. college or university are eligible to apply.
The Coolidge Scholarship Timeline
This highly competitive scholarship for the years 2023–2024 has been launched. The deadline for the application cycle is 5:00 p.m. Pacific time. All the applications will be notified of their outcomes. Applicants who are selected for the scholarship will be contacted directly by phone and invited to the finalist interview weekend, which takes place in Woodstock, Vermont, and Historic Plymouth. The Coolidge Foundation will cover the travel and lodging costs of selected candidates. Selected Coolidge Scholars will spend an orientation week at the Coolidge Foundation in Plymouth Notch, Vermont.
Please Remember that Timeline may vary Slightly from Year to Year, so it is advisable to Check the Official Website for the latest Updated Information.
How the Coolidge Scholarship is Judged
The Coolidge Scholarship has set criteria for the judgment, such as interest in public policy, appreciation for the values President Coolidge promotes, humility, and service. The primary criterion is academic excellence. That is, the scholars must have a distinguished academic record and have pursued and completed the most rigorous course of study available to them. Awardees will exhibit exceptional academic depth and intellectual curiosity. Secondary criteria include a demonstrated interest in public policy, respect for the values Coolidge championed, and humility and service. The scholarship seeks young citizens who are interested in policy and committed to making a difference in their communities.
How Many Students Apply for the Coolidge Scholarship?
The Coolidge Scholarship is a merit-based Scholarship. The Scholarship will be given to high-achieving high school seniors who show exceptional academic Excellence, intellectual curiosity, and a strong work ethic. Every Year only 2 or 3 Students get the Coolidge Scholarship. The scholarship is a full-ride presidential Award that covers tuition, room, and board for the entire four years of college. Students from all backgrounds, income levels, and locations are welcome to apply. The Coolidge Scholarship received approximately 3,200 applications in 2020.
What Is the Coolidge Scholarship Deadline?
The Application Fall in October 2023 and the Deadline of the 18th of January 2024. By the Summer 2024, all the Applicants will get to know their Outcomes.
Is the Coolidge Scholarship Worth It?
As we all know very Few Applicants get selected for the Coolidge Scholarship, still it is still Worth Applying for because there are so many Benefits to Applying for it. Firstly, finalists who are invited to interview but do not ultimately receive the Coolidge Scholarship are eligible for a one-time Finalist Award scholarship. Additionally, the Coolidge Scholarship offers a highly prestigious opportunity to secure a full-ride scholarship for four years of university education in the United States. Academic excellence, a passion for public policy, a deep appreciation for Coolidge values, humility, and a commitment to service are all considered in this prestigious opportunity.
Is the Scholarship Real?
Many of you have questions in mind that, the Coolidge Scholarship is Read or fake. Here we are telling you that the Scholarship is a Real Scholarship Program that includes Tuition Fees, Room Fees, and Other Expenses for Four Years of Undergraduate study at any U.S.-based college or University in the U.S.
How to Apply for the Coolidge Scholarship?
In the Below Section, we have provided you with Detailed Information Regarding how you can Apply For the Scholarship, and What Documents you will require for the Application.
- Your SAT/ACT results and scorecards, as well as your PSAT score.
- School fees, vouchers, and transcripts are available, as are AP courses.
- Two well-written 600 and 800-word essays. They will, however, provide you with prompts once the process has begun.
- You must submit a two-page resume detailing your skills and jobs (along with supporting documentation). Furthermore, you must include the information and career paths that you intend to pursue in the near future.
- You must also submit two recommendation letters, one from your teacher and one from a community member who knows you but is not related to you.
Eligibility Criteria for The Coolidge Scholarship
In the Below Section, we have provided you with the Eligibility Criteria for the Coolidge Scholarship. If you follow all the Eligibility Criteria you will definitely get the Scholarship.
- This Scholarship is only open to legal residents of the United States. This includes Dreamers as well.
- You should be a junior in high school. However, if you are enrolled in other higher-level classes at a nearby community college, you are eligible to apply for this program. Seniors are not eligible for this scholarship program.
- Your goal should be to attend a four-year college or university in the United States.
- This program is not open to immediate family members of any Coolidge Foundation trustee or staff member.
- You must submit all documents by the deadline.
5 Facts on the Coolidge Scholarship
- Here in the Below Section, we have Mentioned 5 Facts About the Coolidge Scholarship. Applicants are advised to read the below section carefully.
- The Coolidge Scholarship is a four-year, full-ride presidential scholarship that covers tuition, room and board, and other expenses.
- The scholarship is non-partisan and need-blind, which means that anyone from any background and studying in any academic discipline is eligible to apply.
- The scholarship is given each year to a high school junior who demonstrates academic excellence, an interest in public policy, and a love of the values that President Calvin Coolidge promoted.
- Finalists for the scholarship are flown in for an interview with the Coolidge Scholars Finalist Jury at the Coolidge Historic Site in Plymouth Notch, Vermont.
- The scholarship is named after Calvin Coolidge, the 30th President of the United States, who was well-known for his academic achievements.
The Coolidge Scholarship is a Highly Competitive Scholarship. Very Few People will get a chance to get selected for the Scholarship. It is an annual scholarship program That covers the applicant’s tuition, room and board, and other costs such as books expense and more for four years of undergraduate study.
What was Coolidge famous for?
Coolidge is Famous for being president was known for its conservative policies of low taxes, limited government spending, high tariffs, and noninterference in business and industry.
How many essays for the Coolidge Scholarship?
For the Coolidge Scholarship, the Applicant needs to submit Three Essays, two with 400 Words and one with 600 Words.
Essay 1 Prompt: You have learned and achieved much up to this point in your life. What are the next intellectual frontiers you hope to explore in college and how do you envision you might use the knowledge you gain? Please limit your essay to 400 words.
Essay 2 Prompt: In the decades during which Coolidge made his career, from 1895 onward, states and the federal government not only expanded existing government offices but also created new departments and new authorities. With a few exceptions, the rise of new bureaucracy at all levels troubled Calvin Coolidge. Pick one reason Coolidge came to dislike bureaucracy and describe how he sought to combat bureaucracy, whether as an elected leader in Massachusetts or later, in Washington, D.C. Please limit your response to 400 words.
Essay 3 Prompt: In 1926, President Coolidge received an unusual gift, twin lion cubs. What happened to the cubs? Please limit your response to 400 words.
What is a Coolidge scholar?
An applicant who passes all eligibility criteria and receives an award of the ‘scholarship is called a Coolidge Scholar.
What is the Oxford Scholar?
The Oxford-Cambridge Scholars Program is a highly personalized and accelerated doctoral training program for outstanding students interested in careers in biomedical research.
How many essays does Harvard ask for?
Harvard asks for two 150-word essays and one non-required third essay.
What is a Burke Scholar?
The Burke Scholarship is an intensive program that connects academics, career goals, and community engagement to strengthen scholars’ abilities as change-makers and active citizens.
What is an honorary scholar?
An honorary scholarship is a certificate of merit or achievement or other appropriate document that the board may award to students in recognition of exceptional academic ability or achievement or a special talent.